- More than 750 million people lack access to clean drinking water.
- In Latin America, nearly half the population living in rural areas is without access to improved sanitation services and approximately 20 percent is still without drinking water.
- About 2.5 billion people (half of the developing world) lack access to improved sanitation.
- Lack of access to clean water and sanitation kills children at a rate equivalent of a jumbo jet crashing every ten hours. (World Health Organization – 2012)
- Carrying heavy water containers long distances to their homes is usually the job of the family’s women. They spend on average 3 hours every day at this task.
- Help small, rural communities develop and maintain access to safe, year-round drinking water.
- Preserve and protect watersheds that provide water to these communities.
- Provide training and education to local people in maintaining drinking water systems, improving hygiene and protecting watersheds so they will have autonomy with respect to water needs.
- Partner with other organizations to carry out this mission.
You Can Help
By making a donation today, you can help those most in need obtain clean water and better sanitation.